Monday 4 August 2008

'I have brought you up for 22 years....'

I having that disgusting cold sore thing on my gum that makes u go abit stir-crazy
so.. after rubbing salt to it (yes, say arrrgggghhhh!) for about 2 days and realizing that it doesnt work.. i asked me mum to get me bonjela..
ahhhhh.. bonjela.. that's childhood innit?
Iam sure most of u remember those clear gel thingy.. rub those on ure gum, u'll be hit by the cooooollll sensation!
so, got back from work to find bonjela in the living room.
Mum is sleeping, iam watching the telly..
then i realize.. the bonjela box..

'FOR TEETHING problems'
COMPLETE with a picture of a happy baby. ( i assume the baby is happy because his mum applied bonjela on his gum, when he is teething)

so in the morning i said...
did u realize u bought me teething solving bonjela?
mum: yes..
me: its not going to work la..i mean.. thats for babies.. its not powerful stuff.. i need some anti-bacterial stuff rite? coz of the cold sore..
mum: can use also.. its the same...
me: r u sure.. it was sooo goddam painful when i applied it..
mum: i have brought u up without poisoning u for 22 years...and NOW ure questioning me?

actually..
mum knows best...

do you realize how many times in our adult lives we question our parents?
my mum ultimate favourite quote is 'do u think i was born yesterday?'
and i realize.. once adulthood looms.. we assume that WE know best.
what we say is the right way, and they are just this ancient living being..
that is why i tell everything to my family.. since iam the smallest.. and they have been there and done that.
i never lied to them. it doesnt matter where i go, what i do.. they always know..
even the naughty illegal driving thing..

I have friends who tend to lie to their parents about their activities.. i dont condone it.. but i understand..
u see..
i have the coolest family in the whole wide world.
no really, i do.
ask my friends
unfortunately to them, going to the shops means risking being grounded for a year.
so, telling the truth is not worth it i guess..
but i suspect.. their parents know what their child is up to.
i mean.. its in their 'parents instinct' guide book.

and yes, before u ask, i have never been grounded i dont know how it feels.
and i hope i never have to...

No comments: