Saturday 10 January 2009

yes, i do sing around the clock....

Iam feeling alive today...
its such a weird week for me. i was dreading Monday (assignments submission date) and whoosh, its the weekend.
and goodness me, even more weird, its Saturday, and iam sitting here tapping away at the keyboard.

allrite, the 'alive' feeling came today, at 6.32am when i was driving to work.
I was driving along, and before me was one of the most beautiful scenery i have ever seen.
and no, its not an exaggeration.
Kent, is such a beautiful place i have to admit. the country side surprises u each and every season.
its winter (iam sure uve noticed bout my 'oh shit its cold' ramblings)
and its the frost that greets u every morning.
it was the same today, but somehow, it made it looks so beautiful.
iam not kidding.
it looked like it snowed, but nope, it was just pure ice...
all the leaves, branches, grass, roads. everything.
icy and white and pure.
even more amazing was the scenery from the reception area at work, at 9.45 am.
the sun came out, and the light just illuminated the whole grounds.
i saw the tree outside, and it looks different.
no more dying from the coldness, but looking alive with its branches colored in shade of white. i wish it would snow heavily one day and just cover the grounds with fresh snow.


I left work at 11.15 pm yesterday, and when i was walking to my car, i smelled the air.
so crisp, i wish i could just sit on a bench, with a book and hot chocolate. i really did.

i think thats one of the things i ought to do. well, after my exams anyway.
just sit on a random bench, and enjoy a good book.
and what a fantastic book iam reading right now.

the kite runner.
ive been bragging bout this book millions of time, and it never seem to disappoint.
I cant begin to tell you bout the brilliance of this book.
the movie disappointed me, but thats how it is with adaptation isnt it? one must give way to the other.
and u know with books, the first 5 pages should grip u.
its in those 5 pages that will determined the love that you will have for the book.
the characters in the book seem so real to me, its like, i have seen them walking down the high street. well, not really, its set in Kabul, so bit far from your typical highstreet.

but yes, this is why iam feeling alive.
one of the character in the book, Hassan, possess such devotion, loyalty and humility that it actually made me re asses my own life.
here is this boy, who is living a life which basically has been laid out by the society.
illiterate, just like his father, he is a servant.
what other things could he do but be a servant?
and it makes me wonder about all those people who are the same age as me, but in totally different circumstances.
Some 22 year old out there still depend on their parents.
some 22 year old out there is already a parent
some 22 year old out there will never be a parent
and some 22 year old out there, well, might note be able to live beyond 22

how did i get here?
and where do i go from here?

this 'life' questions always gets u, doesnt it?

its one of those life mysteries that no one will be able to tell u the answer.
u can get advice, but never an answer.
and it usually happens now.
when uni life is over, or u are just tired with the routine of life.


iam tired of juggling working and studying. the sooner uni life ends, the sooner i can actually re asses my life. and i hope to god, my life plan is a life worth living.

will I look back, and regret my life?
or will i look back at my life and say ' what a fantastic life'

maybe a 'i did the best i could' is sufficient enough

No comments: