Tuesday 28 October 2008

Imagine....

I was watching something that i knew would hold my attention and my tired eyes..
It was a documentary styled interview by Alan Yentob titled Imagine.
Artist for this episode was Jay-z.

I cant claim to be in love with Hip Hop or Rap,
I cant claim that i rhyme for money and i come from the street,
and i cant claim that hip hop is the music of my life, thus refusing to listen to anything else.
those who knows me, know that, i rock out hard too..

The reason i was sooo fascinated by Jay-z was, this fella, who came from Brooklyn projects rise to be one of the most talented and powerful player in hip hop and without a doubt, music industry.
I wonder, does he have self-doubt?
I wonder, what does he think about before he sleeps?
I wonder, what does he think about when he wakes up in the morning?

I like him. I adore him. I think he is a fantastic role model and no doubt, his clothes.. BLING!!
(thats me attempting street talking :) )

And he holds a special place in my heart because.. the first record i remember memorising the lyrics to was his song 'Can i get a'
I was desperate for Glastonbury.
Ive been wanting to go since i step foot on England, but circumstances didnt allow me..
it was the same this year..
so there i was, at home.. watching him play the gig of his life..
and i think he succeeded.
and Noel Galllagher looked like a rite plonker..
He brought hip hop to what is essentially an English festival..

I know this clip is over-used.
but iam posting it anyway..
because, i happen to think, this is the best opening ever!



For a boy who came from the projects, i dont think he did badly at all.
i love how he portrayed (or the docu editor) himself.
he knows what he wants, he gets it..
I wish i have his vision.
i wish i take more risk..

all this risk talking before going to sleep aint good.
i will start evaluating my life, and thats not something u do before falling asleep.


ah, forget it.
lets talk music.
i have been totally out of touch with the latest music offering actually.
i havent been listening to the radio, and when i do, its the same ol drab thats been playing over the summer.
maybe there's a lack of new music.
maybe, i havent been away for THAT long :)

No comments: