Saturday 25 October 2008

Happy Diwali

I am sitting here talking to hammy and seeing how happy she is to receive gifts from home just reminds me that, deep down, we all want to be remembered and appreciated.

I sometimes feel I am not appreciated, and i do things to make people happy, without them knowing how much trouble i have gone thru in order to help them out/to make them happy. I am not asking for a medal/prize/money.. I just wish that human beings would see that not all things are bad and not everything is gloomy. I then wonder and ask myself, 'why do u help out?' and over and over again, i would say.. 'imagine being in their shoes'

I talked to a Ezu recently about how we always put ourselves in the other person shoe...and this aint good coz we cant lash out on em! We feel the pity, we feel the sorrow and oh goodie, its all back to.. 'oh gosh.. what would i do if i was in his/her position'
and as ezu said.. 'i wish someday i could just stop being a grown up an do something unreasonable'

I am a people pleaser. This is something i have realize, and iam in the same boat with hammy. It aint good and it aint healthy! people tend to use u. but what can u do? when u do something for someone the basis of friendship, u cant do it half heartily. i know i cant.

but then again, i have had amazing friends that do things for me. Oh gosh! the amount of time they pull up at my house, bringing me out to dinner/party/days out/nites out/chill time and not once complaining about it! i mean, i have amazing friends!
and with this blog as a witness! next round of driving is on me..
now, if only i can convince my brothers to lend me their car...

i want to wish to all those who celebrate, HAPPY DIWALI!
it's the festival of lights, and may the lords light show u the way!

oh gosh, i can never be a good preacher!

ps: btw! why do soooooo many women find cockney accent sexy? Hold up, ignore that. Danny Dyer is definitely sexy!

2 comments:

zephyr said...

thanks my love! happy diwali to u too :) and its never unpleasant making everyone else happy. you know all we want is to a smile on another person's face :) and i love you wit all my heart. and will always do. remember the phone call from london you made long time ago wen we picked up something we left in a minute! ill never forget that day. tears just rolled down my cheek at middle of a chinese hawker food court! and yes i love you again!!

Anonymous said...

hehehe...reading thru wat u wrote...damn girl..u're soo fineeeeeee!!! :P babe, come on, we both have to face it...some people are born to picked up and hold responsible...and guess what? u and i are one of the chosen ones from god! You noe y? because we cant help it...this is what defines who we are...who you are tasneem...
You're an amazing fren and u deserves all kinds of love from anyone on this planet! thank you for being the person that u are! :) and babe, wen i think about it kan...instead of me whining...i'm just goin to embrace this :D and so will u k! love you so much babe! never change the person that u are... :)