Monday 3 March 2008

'when u stop looking at ure ipod and spend more time looking at the floor, maybe uve notice that uve been standing on my toes'

where did all the sadness came from?

travelling in london during rush hour is like being in a war zone (drab, those soldier in iraq wont like what i said heh?)
some days, u have perfect travelling experience.
the train is on time, the tube comes into the station as u step onto the platform, the alleyway is not full of drunkards, the traffic allows u to walk over the zebra crossing, and just general pleasant-ness from fellow passenger.
and then, there are days where just think u've spent the day in hell.

today, i forgotten to bring me mobile phone.
mistake one.
left a bit to late, so had to rush for train.
mistake two.
forgotten me student pass.
mistake three.
missed the 17.32 train, which meant that i had to take the 18.12 train.
mistake four.

now, there are 2 types of trains during rush hour.
packed train and sardine-not a single fresh air between passenger packed.
so yes, the 18.12 was the latter one.

so, some tips to survive this 'war'

-avoid travelling during rush hour (yeah, quite simple)
-must have strategic planning.. like, travel in the carriage nearer to exit. (if u need to change -northern line in bank to get onto the district/circle line, travel in the last carriage of the tube.
-be prepared to be stepped, pushed,knocked down by fellow passengers.
-you know those cubicle between the seats in the national rail train that is usually for luggages? seat on em. just climb and seat on em. i did today, and it was comfortable. a few other passenger did the same. the fellow opposite of me was quite a posh middle aged lawyer (another regular)
-dont even think of gettin on the northern line during rush hour if u need to stop over at bank station. just walk over. its just a bridge away.
-lastly, take it one at a day.

so, i had all this bad things happening to me.
wait, not bad, but imperfect day as it were...
i was feeling sooo blue in the train, then i smacked my head (to much amusement of the guy beside me), and said to myself 'dont complain to much'

and there, dont complain to much.
this is my motto.. why u say?
coz i think, people are complaining to much.
my work sucks, my huband/wife/gf/bf/lovah/partner is pissing me off, the government/shops/airline/coffee shops/restaurant/bar/club is ripping us off, my friends is alienating me.. bla bla blaaaaa...

dont complain, coz uve brought it to ureself.
dont complain,do something about it.
dont complain, suck it up, and get on with 'life'
dont complain, be content.

all this problems thats been thrown to us, i think its making us a rather miserable lot of human beings.

i sound like a bloody hippy, but smile. and the world wouldnt look so grim.

ps: i might me getting my 'snow wish' after all

pps: u see, the world is such a better place now. when snow is in the forecast, my advise to all the employers out there, close the office, u'll be getting a lot of sickies anyway.

pps: and iam sure, years down the lane, i'll be laughing about my travel experience in london. its all good in the neighborhood.

No comments: