Friday 5 October 2007

Who do you think you are?

My bestie, the idiot box didnt seem to disappoint me today.
I had back to back friends and scrubs episode today.
and my ever favourite series, Who do you think you are.

This series is amazing iam telling you. its basically a series that follows a certain celebrity track their ancestry, hence, who do you think you are.
This week it was allistair mcgowan. Now, he is scottish. as scottish as u can be. he speaks, act, makes fun, die hard, loyal allegiance, haggis eating and highlands climbing scottish.
Boy, was he wrong.

He traced 6 generations of his family, and they were all born in india. yes, they were british family (colonial times u see) but they were born and they grew in india, and died there too. While most of his family married english ladies, he found out, that he has a hint of indian blood. So, he searched and search and found out that his great great great grandfather (if iam not mistaken) married a wealthy indian muslim lady. Her name was never recorded in their sons birth cert coz she was not a christian and the record was kept in the church where the kid was baptized. that is why allistair had to keep looking for the record. Then, he kept looking for the 'guy' @ the one in the family that decided to go over to india and start a life and family there. He found out that his great great great great grandfather came over from england to india because he was in the army. So, where did his great great great great grandad was from? you would think scotland rite? i mean.. he was as scottish as.. bad weather in winter. then, (just the look of his face was priceless) he found out that, he came over from IRELAND!!!!!!!

hahahahahaahhahahahahaha.. iam not laughin coz of that. iam laughin at the fact that he tought that he was scottish. He lived half of his live and then he found out, he is not really scottish at all. Irish in fact. He should start drinking em guiness.

It makes me wonder,
Who am i then?
Where do i come from.
i dunno, ive never been interested in it, but it sure makes me wonder.
Ill prolly do some soul searching in a bit.

*sigh* life,it makes my head spin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raya is approaching, in a weeks time.
family shall be here, and i cant wait :)

ive been listenin to luther vandross, dance with my father.
i cant help but think about him
and i miss him
esp when raya is approaching.
Life is cruel i guess, but u learn to live with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night about you and me travelling. We were in some airport and you were going to the uk, I was going to Tampere (my best friend is ryanair!). I cant remember properly what happend in my dream but I do remember we did have a nice holiday somewhere :) x